I coach people to achieve more by eliminating hurdles caused by a dis-engaged voice or awkward speaking patterns, stage fright or shyness, or a flat presentation delivery.
Speaking is the most powerful tool of influence available to you at any time. Speaking skills are learned skill. When this interferes with achieving what you deserve and know you are capable of, it is time to get help. I am that help!
3 STEP PROCESS:
Step 1 Voice Training:
- Using Your Voice Properly - Vocal Assessment / Technical Diagnostic: Learn the relationship between breath, the sound of your voice, and projection. Put information into action as I assess the strengths and weaknesses in your voice, guiding you through a series of simple drills to use your voice in a way that creates greater interest for the listener.
- Voice Conditioning: Engage your entire voice and correct voice issues such as hoarseness, a nasal sounding voice, a weak-shy sounding voice, or a tight strained voice. Strengthen your Full Vocal System. Speak with a relaxed yet confident sounding voice.
- Voice Health Care: Prepare yourself for speaking by following simple and easy to do guidelines (day-to-day care, managing extremes such as a voice that becomes raspy or dry throughout the day, unnecessary coughing, or managing health factors that interfere with the voice such as a lump feeling in the throat, asthma or allergies).
Step 2 Presentation Delivery:
- Stage Presence: Bring out your style, body language, facial expressions, microphone techniques, and convey genuine enthusiasm to your audience. Convey confidence and present yourself as a vibrant speaker who is an authority in your field. Build trust with your audience and co-workers. Present yourself with credibility. Build trust with your audience and co-workers
- Be Consistent: Maintain a vibrant speaking voice and delivery throughout your entire presentation and during one-on-one conversations. Receive immediate feedback.
Step 3 Stress Management / Stage Fright:
- Relaxation: Learn stress management techniques. Stop triggers that cause the fight-or-flight response. What to do when you lose your flow during a presentation causing your voice and breathing to become tense.
- Energizing: Learn how to re-energize yourself in ways that help keep you calm and focused.
CUSTOMIZED TRAINING OPTIONS (add or interchange components to best fit your needs):
- ACCENT REDUCTION / PRONUNCIATION: For someone whose first language is not English, and in many cases, people who speak more than one language, correct English pronunciation can be difficult. Learning the proper way to use the voice and correct pronunciation together gives people the tools needed to communicate effectively.
- WHOLE BRAIN LEARNING - EDUCATIONAL KINESIOLOGY: Excellent for those with A.D.D., A.D.H.D., susceptible to depression, mood issues or focus challenges, or anyone wanting the advantages from a whole brain learning experience. CLICK HERE to Learn More
My extensive background in voice health and experience as a Vocal Coach who has worked with both business professionals and singers, my certification in Educational-Kinesiology for whole brain learning, combined with my work in sales and public relations enables me to design training that transforms routine thinking into new ideas, using the voice as a tool for influence.
Delivery is everything! Corporate Workshops and Individual Coaching Available. Sessions are fun and packed with everything needed to excel. Call today to get started, 416-436-8063.
This is a great program for yourself or to bring into an organization.
- VOICE COACHING:
- Find and speak with your natural voice
- Eliminate voice fatigue, hoarseness, and tightness in the voice and breathing
- Improve the sound of your voice, projection, and articulation
- Fix Speech Problems - Nasality, and lack of vocal strength
- Accent Reduction and Pronunciation
- PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS:
- Stress Management / Presentation Preparation
- Overcome anxiety issues and stage fright
- Develop a bold speaking style
- Understand your personal verbal and non-verbal habits
- Present yourself appropriately in every situation
- The Eloquent Woman – Speak with authority and presence while maintaining your femininity
- Control your voice and have a command over it
- OTHER BENEFITS:
- Practice, practice, practice while receiving immediate feedback from me to sharpen your speaking skills, building confidence to handle yourself in any situation
- Develop a Presence - What is presence? Connection to the audience, sincerity, presenting yourself with honesty/integrity and to be present in the moment in order to be fully engaged with your audience
- Eliminate procrastination that goes along with voice/public speaking limitations
- Learn common mistakes made by speakers
“Donna is Amazing and Fun to Work With!! With her help and expertise my breathing capacity has been greatly enhanced. Now, when I facilitate seminars, I don’t run out of breath while speaking. Her knowledge in the field of voice and specialized techniques taught me how the diaphragm works and how to properly utilize it. By practicing these techniques I can control my breath while speaking for long intervals. I strongly recommend Donna to anyone who wants to improve their public speaking techniques.”
Anne Hurtubise - President, Emotional Intelligence Corporation http://www.eicor.com
Jerry Seinfeld - “Remember, the next time that you’re at a funeral, most people would rather be in the casket than delivering the eulogy.” I will help you change that!
YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS
You are unique with your own needs. I do not fit you into a “one size fits all” category. After all, if it were that simple any presentation skills books or courses taken in the past, would have catapulted millions of people into the corner office long ago. It hasn’t! We will work on your tailor made program together until you are completely satisfied and are getting the results you need. To help you understand what to expect here are some benchmarks. They are:
- You will see great improvements in 4-6 weeks when attending training and doing your homework on a consistent basis. Should you want to reduce an accent 6-8 weeks is a more realistic expectation.
- Those interested in making broader changes in specific areas that are causing more severe difficulties due to ingrained bad habits or severe voice weakness may decide to go further with training. Training of approximately 3 months is a reasonable expectation.
- High achievers and/or those who aspire to be the head in their field often choose to train for as long as necessary to develop the voice and delivery they want that best represents them and their business.
”I went to Donna with the intent of improving my voice – not my singing voice but my speaking one. As an actress, I was finding that the pitch and tone of my voice was not working to my advantage. Donna took me through a series of exercises and right after the first lesson I started to see improvement. She was able to connect my voice with my brain and show me the difference that focus and breath control could make on my voice. Genius! She showed me how singing relates to speaking which in turn relates to character.
She helped me to see, what fifteen years of classical training could not – that the placement of breath and sound are key to a great result!”
Christine Wall - Stage and Television Actress